Tuesday, September 28, 2010

back to Germany! & the Black Forest (of Black Forest Ham!!)


July 8- 11: Stuttgart, Heilbronn and the Black Forest

Jacqueline and I had a nice few days of recovery time upon returning home from Amsterdam. This one such a great week and although I was sad to leave, it was nice to get home and sleep in a real bed and have home-cooked meals. In these few days between Amsterdam and Munich, Jacqueline and I did a lot of relaxing and touristy things. By this time, I have read probably about 17 books in my time in Europe, whether it be during train and airplane rides, or during the days in Heilbronn where we are resting and laying out. During these relaxing days, I have had great opportunities to work on my tan, as the sun is blazing until 9 pm or so.

We watching German’s victory in the semi-final (so they got 3rd place in the World Cup) and also, sadly, we watched Spain defeat Holland for first place. Aside from that, we went shopping in town in Heilbronn one day, and then before our trip to Munich, Jacqueline, Albert and I took an overnight trip to the Black Forest.

I found the Black Forest area and the small town of Titisee to resemble Lake Tahoe, but on a smaller scale.


No comments:

Post a Comment